Hello, Obsessive Book Nerds!
Here is my bi-weekly update on some bookish things in my life. From what I’ve read and what I’m listening too, and some other bookish news. Check it out.
- Currently Reading: Wait for It by M. O’Keefe
- Listening to Next: Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs
- Every Little Thing by Samantha Young (Hart’s Boardwalk #2) – 4 stars
- Nova by Rebecca Yarros (The Renegades #2) – 4 stars
- Priceless by Winter Renshaw (Amato Brothers #3) – 4.5 stars
- Twist by Kylie Scott
- Kiss Marry Kill by Sidney Halston
- Vanishing Act by A. M. Madden
- The Play Mate by Kendall Ryan
- Dating the Undead by Juliet Lyons
- A Matter of Heart by Heather Lyons
- The Bad Boys of Molly Riot: The Complete Hard Rock Star Series by Jade Allen (publisher review request)
- Delicate Ink by Carrie Ann Ryan (freebie)
- Just Human by Kerry Heavens (freebie)
Monthly Round Up
I haven’t provided an update on my novel, Level Me Up is a while. The thing is, the only update I have is that no agent/publisher wants it. It’s been really frustrating and my confidence has withered away to almost nothing. I love my book. And I want to start writing book two, but I just need to do something with book one first. And I think the answer is self-publishing. Now I’ve had the novel edited several times, and I know it’s common for newbie authors to just keep editing and editing and they never do anything with it. I don’t want that to happen. But I need to fell confident that my book is ready for the next steps. I’ve rewritten and added SO MANY TIMES over the past year that I’m fearful that I’ve fallen into this rut.
So, I was wondering if I could sweet talk four or five of you wonderful readers into reading my novel and letting me know if you think I need yet again rewrite, have another editor look at it, or fingers crossed, it’s ready for me to move to the next steps of getting it published.
Level Me Up is a new adult romance featuring a girl next door and a super hot professional video gamer. It’s about 68K words. If this sounds like something you might read and want to help a gal out, let me know.
Cool obsessive blog posts…
- [27 Feb] Classic Book Club: Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
- [28 Feb] Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout ★★★★★
- [1 Mar] Waiting for Wednesday: 3.1.17 – Patricia Briggs & Kylie Scott
- [3 Mar] The Prince's Plan by E.M. Youman
- [4 Mar] The Signal and the Noise: Why So Many Predictions Fail - But Some Don't by Nate Silver ★★★★
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It gives us an opportunity to recap what we are reading over here at Obsessive Book Nerd and other bookish news.