Hello, Obsessive Book Nerds!
Here is my bi-weekly update on some bookish things in my life. From what I’ve read and what I’m listening too, and some other bookish news. Check it out.
- Currently Reading: Co-Wrecker by Meghan Quinn
- Currently Listening: Emphatic by Kaylee Ryan
- Royal Affair by Marquita Valentine – 4 stars
- Kiss Marry Kill by Sidney Halston – 2.5 stars
- Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs – 4 stars
You know, I’m really wondering when I will stop this madness. Since I’m not reading as fast as I request. I feel like I must explain why I HAD to request the following…
- White Hot (Hidden Legacy #2) by Ilona Andrews – I’ve been waiting for this 2nd installment for like FOREVER.
- Hard Stick (Breakaway #1) by L.P. Dover – Becuase this is a sports rom and I’ve never read an L.P. Dover book before.
- Buns (Hudson Valley #3) by Alice Clayton – I’m enjoying the series.
- Ain’t He Precious? (Sex and Sweet Tea) by Juliette Poe – I couldn’t resist. I tried, too. Plus that cover…
- Sin With Me (Bad Habit #3) by J.T. Geissinger – I love this series.
- Sex in the Sticks (Love Hurts #1) by Sawyer Bennett – Well…the publisher so kindly asked. So I so kindly accepted.
- A Matter of Truth (Fate #3) by Heather Lyons – I’m in deep with this series. In. Deep.
- Hail Mary by Nicola Rendell – because I’ve been wanting to read this one and it was only $.99.
- Enchanting Wilder (The Wild #1) by Cassie Graham – Cassie is my author mentor and this is one of her favorites.
- Random Acts of Crazy (Random #1) by Julia Kent (freebie) – New to me author
- American Queen (American Queen Trilogy #1) by Sierra Simone (freebie) – New to me author
OK so exciting news, I’m officially an author! Woot! I mean, I was already an author, since I wrote a book, and all. But, I made it official this week by doing the following…
- Launching my author website
- Making my Author Facebook page public
- Becoming a Goodreads Author
- Adding Level Me Up to Goodreads
Wow! I’ve been busy. No wonder I’m so behind in my reading. Anyways, my manuscript is with the proofreader. My cover is being created. And I’m kind of just losing my mind figuring out what the heck to do next. So if you, do the following, it would make my day…
- Visit AuthorLaurenHelms.com and read my first blog post.
- Go like my Facebook author page and follow me on Twitter.
- Follow me on Goodreads.
- ADD my book…MY FREAKING BOOK to your To Read Shelf on Goodreads.
I’ll like you forever and always. MuWahhh!
OK, as you can see, I’ve got my hands full. But you know what I love to do? I LOVE adding one, two, and three more things on to my plate. Ya know, like watching Confess…CoHo’s book that was made into a show on go90. Or like binging on Thirteen Reasons Why on Netflix. OR getting hooked on the S-Town podcast. UGH I can’t even.
(I’d add pics here on the three awesome shows/pod mentioned above, but my laptop is about to be thrown through the window behind me, as it keeps crashing and it’s taken me 2 hours to create this post.)
- [26 Mar] Book Tag: Burn, Rewrite, Reread
- [30 Mar] Monthly Round-Up: March 2017
- [31 Mar] Silence Fallen by Patricia Briggs ★★★★
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It gives us an opportunity to recap what we are reading over here at Obsessive Book Nerd and other bookish news.